This past winter Sam was in charge of DHS's annual charity drive, School Chest. The school raised over $97,000 for GLASA, the Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association. Sam is now the president of the DHS student council and is also involved with DECA (marketing club,) and also plays on the school tennis team. At camp Sam instruct tennis and disc golf.
More About Sam
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- An airplane, a pilot, and a magazine for the flight back.
Favorite special program at camp
- I have to go with Predator vs. Prey.
Your favorite TV or movie character
- Jimmy Neutron tops the list.
Your best memory of camp.
- The Canadian
Favorite Sports Teams
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls
What would you choose for your last meal?
- French Onion Soup, Skirt Steak, and Chocolate Cake.
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- I would definitely be a penguin just to try out tobogganing.
Your two favorite books
- The Lightning Thief and Don't Put Me in Coach
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
- I can say the alphabet backwards half a second faster than I can say it forwards.
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has been extremely influential to me. I have found new passions, created great memories, and best of all made friendships that will last a lifetime.