Chad Prater returns to North Star for his third summer. He graduated last May from Winona State University, where we first met Chad there on one of our staff recruitment trips. He was actually going to meet with another camp that wanted to hire him to be a tennis instructor, and when Dan overheard that Chad was also a certified swim instructor (WSI), he made sure to pull Chad over for a quick conversation. We were lucky that Chad choose to join the North Star staff!
Originally from Edgerton, WI, Chad graduated with a degree in Education. He's just about to finish his first year teaching math at the Twin Cities German Immersion School in St. Paul Minnesota. At camp you can find Chad teaching swimming and instructing tennis.
More about Chad
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- A German shepherd, a knife, and a pillow
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- Swim Point
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Any Wisconsin team and any team that Kevin Durant is on.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- Glenn's game.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- I would travel to Europe and visit all the War memorials and sites.
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Anything with peanut butter in it.
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- Probably one of my tennis racquets.
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has impacted me in so many ways it is hard to put it into words. I have met so many great people that have changed me in so many positive ways. I have had so many great experiences that I will never forget. North Star has given me a home away from home with a family that supports me.
|Chad at the 4th of July Social w/ a Grauer photobomb|