My Name is Isaac Nierman but everyone calls me Ike. I hail from Wilmette, Illinois and am apart of the track team at New Trier. My events are High jump, Pole vault, and sometimes Discus. In my free time I like to hang out with friends and play basketball.
This will be my second year on staff at camp and my 9th in total. I'm super excited to continue instructing Biking and land sports at camp, and I'm even more excited to see all the people I get to spend my time with over the summer, while meeting some new ones!
More about Ike
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- A snorkel, as much watermelon as a man can carry, and some tunes to pass the time.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- My favorite spot at camp is definitely the lakefront! So many things to do, and a great view!
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Justin Timberlake & John Lennon
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- I'm a die hard Bulls fan, but I root for all the hometown teams.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- Espionage Espionage Ooh Ah!
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- I would definitely go to Africa, there's so much there that you can't see anywhere else!
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Butterfinger all the way
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- That's a tough one! Probably a GoPro
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has really impacted me as a person. It taught me that you should always go at life with a smile on your face, and that when times are down, you can look to those around you for help. And of course it taught me that I always have the most fun!