Drew Leshman returns to North Star for his fifth summer and first on the NSC staff. His hometown is the Detrot of Huntington Woods. He is finishing up his sophmore year at Berkley High School in Berkley, Michigan. He recently got his drivers license a few weeks ago and is loving it.
A few weeks ago Drew was accepted into Generation Of Promise, which is a group of students from all over Michigan that get together and learn about each others background. The program is all about diversity, different groups of people coming together. At camp you'll find Drew instructing basketball, tennis, disc golf and even some wakeboarding.
More about Drew
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- A set of matches, as much water as possible, as much food as possible
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- Council Ring
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Michael Jordan and Barack Obama
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Michigan State Spartans, Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Red Wings and the Detroit Tigers
What is your favorite special program at camp?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- I would travel to a private island, somewhere warm and sunny all the time. There I would swim, relax, and clear my mind of almost everything.
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Reeses Peanut butter cup
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- A trip to Israel with my family
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has allowed me to become a happier person. I find myself most happy when I am camp. It has also taught me to love and accept all that nature offers. Also, it taught me that everyone deserves a chance. There are a tons of different people out there in the world, and that go to camp, and it is important that we all spend time with each other and learn about each other.
|Drew, his co-captains and adviser on Pow Wow Day 2014|