I'm Jami Shlensky and this summer will be my 3rd summer at North Star and I am glad to be back! I spent the year teaching 4th and 5th grade at Wilmot Elementary School in Deerfield, Illinois. This is the elementary school that I attended as a kid! It was fun to be back as a teacher, this time around!
At camp you can find me taking care of the littlest campers (Laney and Summer) or down at the waterski dock! I can't wait to see everyone there for a great summer!
More about Jami
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- Sunscreen, a good book, and a water bottle.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- The ski dock!
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- John Legend and Oliver Rockman.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bulls
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- UN Day!
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Thailand to ride an elephant!
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Definitely Butterfinger!
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- A karaoke machine!
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has made me understand the importance of disconnecting and enjoying the world around us. It has taught me many values including teamwork, leadership, and cooperation. Camp has taught me to value and cherish the things in life that are most important.