Patricio Gomez joins the NSC staff for his first summer. A native of Colima, Mexico, he's studying engineering at the Monterrey Institute of Technology. He spent time when he was in 7th grade studying in Michigan, so the Midwest won't be an unknown for him.
Patricio has always enjoyed the outdoors. He's been involved with watersports since he was a kid, focusing on waterskiing, wakeboarding, kayaking and even scuba diving. He also went to camps himself as a kid, where he was able to ski, go horseback riding, and do other great outdoor activities. We're excited to have Patricio at camp as a cabin counselor and waterski/wakeboard instructor.
More about Patricio
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- Through an agency, Camp Staff MX.
What is your dream job?
- To be a F1 engineer.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- My grandfather and Sebastian Vettel.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- I'd travel anywhere, every destination has great things to do. I'd do outdoors sports.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- A sailboat, a GPS and loads of food.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- I only follow one sport, F1, and I root for Red Bull.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- No official jobs, only social service. I've helped at foster homes, schools for the disabled, missionary work, and so.
What did you do last summer?
- I went on a road trip form Colima to Chihuahua with my brother and sister. Totally recommend it.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- As I kid I used to go to camps as well as camping with my family. And about outdoors experiences, take a look at my Instagram https://instagram.com/laspatoaventuras/