Coming all the way from Cork in Ireland for his first summer is Dave Murphy. Dave is a student at Mary Immaculate College in Limerick, where he's studying primary education and psychology. Dave is an avid tennis player. He played on teams for his school as well as a local club and has also taught tennis. He's been playing soccer since he was five and now plays for his college team. At camp Dave will be instructing soccer and tennis, as well as some waterfront activities.
More about Dave
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- After deciding I wanted to work at an American summer camp this summer I applied through an organization called Camp Leaders in Ireland who put me in touch with North Star. After doing interview with Dan and Andy I loved the sound of North star and was lucky enough to be offered a position!
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- I would be a dog because their great friends, loyal and just seem to be so happy and energetic all the time!
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
- Peter Griffin from Family Guy
What is your dream Job:
- Anything that involves traveling the world.
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
- I would love to be able to fly and see the world from the birds eye.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- I used to work for a contractor in a Pepsi factory doing various metalwork jobs.
What are your top three movies of all time:
- Star Wars, Inception, Limitless.
What did you do last summer?
- I spent most of the summer working at home in Ireland but I did go on a family holiday to Turkey and to a festival in the UK with my mates.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
- The last time I was in America was a trip to New York to celebrate my parents 50th birthday, who happen to be born on the exact same day.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- As far as actual camping is concerned my experience doesn't really stretch beyond music festivals so this will be my first proper one!