Kolton Kitterman comes to North Star for his first summer. Kolton is from Oologah, Oklahoma and went to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College for a year before transferring to the University of Illinois. He just finished his sophomore year at UofI, where he's a kinesiology major with the goal of becoming a physical therapist. Kolton is on the Illini Bass Fishing team and you'll find Kolton on fishing as well as athletics at North Star.
More about Kolton
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- I learned about North Star camp through Dan reaching out to the Illini Bass Fishing Club on campus at the University of Illinois. I wanted the opportunity to travel somewhere new, while having the opportunity to teach children what I know and the experiences I have.
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
- I have always wanted to be a Cheetah because they are the fastest animals in the world. Along with the most beautiful in my opinion. I love that they pick in choose when to expend their energy at the right moments to capture their prey.
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
- My favorite cartoon character is Courage from Courage the Cowardly dog. Despite being scared of everything. When it came to his loved ones, he would be his fear aside and come to their aid.
What is your dream Job:
- My dream job is to become a Physical Therapist.
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
- My super hero power would be to run very quickly just like The Flash or a Cheetah.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- Rehab Tech for a therapy company at a nursing home.
Student Activities assistant at a junior college.
1) The Longest Ride
2) Remember the Titans
3) The Avengers: The Age of Ultron
What did you do last summer?
- Last summer I worked as a Rehab Tech at a nursing home.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
- I have the ability to shake my eyes on my own.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- The summer of 2013 I traveled for 15 days around Oklahoma exploring different sites and learning about Dinosaurs. I also spent a week at Oklahoma Boys State, which was an opportunity for the top senior boys in the state of Oklahoma to learn about the Oklahoma government. The summer of 2012 I traveled for 9 days through Oklahoma into Colorado experience the world of Geology. My freshman through senior year of high school I helped in our High School Basketball camp.