I’m Milo Trainor Moss and I am in my 3rd year of my Geology degree at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. I work as a swimming teacher and play water polo for my university team. This will be my first summer on camp and I'll be instructing swimming and sailing. I can’t wait to get there to meet you all!
More about Milo:
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- I learnt about North Star through the staff recruitment agency who I applied with.
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- I’m pretty sure it would be a wolf, they are very mysterious and very much live in the wild!
What is your favourite cartoon Character:
- I have always liked Charlie Brown and the Peanuts characters
What is your dream Job:
- I am currently studying Geology at Edinburgh University and I would love to be able to do some job related to Geological mapping as I love my course and am a massive fan of the outdoors!
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
- I spend a lot of my life in a pool and have always loved swimming underwater so I think being able to breath underwater would be pretty cool!
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- I have worked as a gardener temporarily in Belfast as some of my family live there.
What are your top three movies of all time:
- I am a massive fan of the whole Fast and Furious franchise. Magic Mike XXL is also pretty good and I would never give a Harry Potter marathon a miss!
What did you do last summer?
- I did and internship with the British Geological Survey for 6 weeks, was a leader on my scout troops summer camp and went on a trip for a month to Australia.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
- I can ride a unicycle, juggle and use a diablo
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- Its my first summer camp in the US although I have been on week long scout camps for the last 10 years as a scout then an explorer and for the last 3 years as a scout leader. I also run ski weekends for scouts and explorers in Scotland. Outside of scouts field work is a big component of my Geology course so I am outside a lot of the time in the delightful Scottish weather! I have also done quite a lot of hill walking with my family and dog around the UK.