Fraser Ashworth comes to North Star for his first summer. The Dundee, Scotland native goes to the University of Glasgow where he is studying psychology. Like many of his countrymen, he played quite a bit of soccer and rugby growing up, but eventually settled on basketball as his main sport. He plays quite a bit and helps coach a team of 12-13 year olds. He's also a climber and he'll be instructing climbing as well as mountain biking this summer.
More about Fraser
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- I applied through an agency and North Star camp contacted me through them and offered me the position which I was delighted to take.
If you could be any animal (besides a human), what would you be and why?
- If I could be any animal I would 100% be my dog (Jon Snow) which my mum completely spoils. He lives the good life.
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
What is your dream Job:
- I am not quite sure what sort of job I would like yet but I would love to see the world whilst getting paid.
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
- Probably flying, it would make getting to America a lot cheaper anyway.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- My first proper job was a waiter in the castle where the Queens mother was brought up.
What are your top three movies of all time:
- Braveheart (obviously), the new Jungle Book, the love guru
What did you do last summer?
- Last summer I worked in Glamis castle and went on holiday to Thailand and Vietnam.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
- When I was about 10 I was riding my bike down a hill and my brakes weren't working so I ended up hitting a wall and found myself on the other side in a field full of nettles. That is not one of my proudest moments.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
I have no experience of summer camps but my family have always gone camping in Scotland so I have had my fair share of cold and wet camping experiences.