Lauren Ambrosius joins the North Star staff for her first summer. She was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin and attended UW-Eau Claire for 3.5 years. Lauren had the opportunity to participate in an exchange program and spent her remaining time at the University of Idaho. After just graduating a few weeks ago, Lauren comes to camp as one a camp nanny. She'll also be an activity instructor, teaching golf and horseback riding, among other activities.
More about Lauren
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- I learned about North Star from a brochure/advertisement I saw at U of Idaho's Outdoor Program office. They had an array of brochures there with outdoor job opportunities on their bulletin board. I thought it sounded fun so I applied!
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- I would be a cat because they have such a simple, carefree life. They get to lay around, eat, and sleep all day.
What is your dream Job:
- My dream job would definitely be something with animals; especially horses. I would love to teach others how to ride. I would also love to do something that involves traveling; like a travel agent or something.
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
- If I had a superpower, I would choose to fly. It would be awesome to see everything from a bird's eye view and it would get me places a lot quicker.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- The most noteworthy job I have held thus far would probably be my job working at a halfway house/drug and alcohol rehabilitation center. I met a lot of different people from very different backgrounds. I also heard some pretty crazy stories, too.
What are your top three movies of all time:
1. Dirty Dancing
2. Forrest Gump
What did you do last summer?
- Last summer, I worked at a halfway house/drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Eau Claire as a Support Professional. Basically, clients would come to me if they ever needed any assistance. I would also make sure things were always running smoothly in the house and nobody was getting into trouble.
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
- I love animals more than the normal human does.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- Growing up, my parents always took us camping around Wisconsin. We started in tents and eventually moved up to a camper. We also went on many family trips to places like Tennessee and Florida. I would say I had most of my camp/outdoor experience when I went to Idaho. Over spring break, I traveled to Seattle, Yellowstone National Park, and Glacier National Park. We also went on many camping trips, hikes, and ski/snowboarding trips with the Outdoor Program.