This will be my 2nd summer at camp and I'm looking forward to hitting the ground running. I grew up in Southern Maryland and went to high school in Washington DC (about 10 blocks from the Capitol). For college, I headed off to Washington State, going to Gonzaga in Spokane, WA. While at Gonzaga I joined the outdoor recreation dorm, went snowshoeing, skiing and climbing. I graduated with a business degree, and after a year working in the corporate world, I moved to China to teach English.
After camp last year, I spent 2 months roadtripping around the US everywhere from the Wind Rivers in Wyoming, to Seattle, LA and beyond. During the winter, I worked at Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont where I tried to snowboard as much as possible.
More about Stratton
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- Satellite phone to phone home when I wanted to leave, Fishing pole to catch some dinner and a lighter- easiest way to make fire.
Favorite special program at camp
- When the buses arrive (Is that a special program? Because it seems special). There is just something about all the energy buzzing at the opening of camp.
Your favorite TV or movie character
- Neil Caffrey from White Collar.
Your best memory of camp.
Favorite Sports Teams
What would you choose for your last meal?
- Filet Mignon- Medium Rare with a crab cake on the side
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Your two favorite books
- The Ascent of Rum Doodle & A Walk in the Woods
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
- Secret hobby- Model Railroading
How has camp impacted you?
- It's been fun to meet a bunch of new people and allows me to pursue a career in the outdoors.