My name is Jake Malter and I am from Chicago IL. I am 17 years old and this is my 8th summer at NSC. If there is one thing that you should know about me its that I am obsessed with cars and other vehicle. Ever since I was little I would always play with little toy cars pushing them back and forth for hours at a time. Now that I am old enough to drive, playing with cars is a little different. Now I am actually driving them. As I always tell my parents, "If it has wheels, I can drive it." I recently purchased my very own sports car and it is a blast to drive. It has always been a dream of mine to own a nice sports car and to be able to have one at 17 years old really shows me that hard work really pays off.
I am finishing up my junior year at Francis Parker High School in Chicago, where I am on the golf team. At camp I'll be instructing golf, disc golf and some other athletics.
More about Jake
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- If I was stranded on a deserted island the first thing I would bring would be as much food as possible, preferably cheeseburgers. I would also like to take my cellphone in hopes that I might be able to contact someone, also to keep me entertained. The last thing I would bring would be a tripper from the trip shack so they could help me survive.
Favorite special program at camp
- My favorite special program at camp is espionage because I love being out at night under the stars chasing kids around.
Your favorite TV or movie character
- My favorite TV character is Peter Griffin because anything he says makes me laugh.
Favorite Sports Teams
- My three favorite sports teams are the Blackhawks, the Bulls and the Cubs.
What would you choose for your last meal?
- If I could have any last meal it would be a big juicy cheeseburger.
If you could be any animal, what would you be?
- If I could be any animal I would choose a Chinchilla because they are super cute and ridiculously soft.
Your two favorite books
- My two favorite books are The Little Train That Could and The Great Gatsby.
A secret hobby or skill that you have?
- One secret skill that I have is that I can make a darn good homemade pizza.
How has camp impacted you?
- I think that the biggest way camp has impacted me is that it has taught me to be free and not to mind what other people think of me. At camp we are taught to be yourself and no one judges you on how weird you might be or on how different you are from everyone else. I think that this was the biggest impact on my life from camp.