I'm Ned Shashoua and I'm from Boca Raton, FL. I'm a freshman at Northwestern University studying pre-med, so lots of biology and chemistry, but I've also been taking psychology and spanish classes. I joined the fraternity of Zeta Beta Tau, of which Andy was a former president and Jacob Sherman is a current brother.
Lately I've been playing lots of pickup basketball and eager to fill up the stat sheet in intramural softball. More than anything I am excited for an awesome summer, should be one for the books. This will be my tenth summer at camp and I'll be teaching tennis and waterskiing
More about Ned
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- I would bring a jacuzzi, a jet ski, and a waffle maker (batter included)
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- Council Ring, no doubt.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Jimmi Hendrix and Meryl Streep
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Cubs and Bears cause Dad's got Chicago roots. Jumped on the Heat bandwagon when Lebron came but I'm ready to jump off after this season.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- Dodgeball Extravaganza
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Maldives, go scuba diving
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- A guitar
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp's had a massive impact on my life. I'm goin' on 10 summers and have built relationships with some really great people, with a lot of unforgettable experiences along the way. Even as a staff member, I think I learn something new about myself every summer, and I definitely think that camp has instilled positive values in me that I would lack without it. I could never give back to camp as much as it has given to me, but I'm very grateful and extremely excited that I have the opportunity to spend at least one more summer in the Northwoods. Lookin' forward to another awesome summer!