Jasmin Garey will spend her first summer at North Star. She was at camp in early June of 2014, visiting Chris Rodriguez, so she figured that she had to spend an entire summer this year. She just graduated from Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, TX.
Working with children is very important to her, especially those in need. She has been interning with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). She homes to make this work a part of her career. Jasmin will be working in our office this summer and will also instruct climbing. We're excited to have her on the North Star staff!
More about Jasmin
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- I learned about North Star through Chris. He has always talked so highly of everyone and has always told me about how much he loves it. When I visited last summer everyone was so friendly and inviting, not to mention how beautiful it is. I applied because I thought it would be an awesome experience because of my love for kids and being out doors and active!
What is your dream job?
- My dream job would have to be a child life specialist.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- I would have lunch with Justin Timberlake and Mother Teresa.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- I would travel to the Polynesian Islands and I would simply relax.
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- I would bring a device that played music, my dogs, and lots of food.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Razorbacks & lumberjacks!
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- Waitress, bartender, pizza delivery girl, and teacher assistant
What did you do last summer?
- Last summer I spent every day with my coworkers as we all worked and took classes!
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- I used to always attend Super Summer camp and I love rock climbing, swimming, and running.