I’m Micah Jona, I’m from Wilmette, IL, and this will be my 8th summer back at camp. I’m currently a sophomore at New Trier Township High School, where I am on the tennis team. When I am not playing tennis, or cramming for a test, I’m usually hanging out with my friends.
This summer I will be instructing disc golf, tennis, and land sports! I have loved all my 7 years as a camper and can’t wait to continue my NSC journey as a CIT! I’m excited to meet all the new campers and staff members!
More about Micah
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- My laptop (wifi included), a comfy chair, and a boat for when I’m ready to leave.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- The council ring, without a doubt!
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Walter Payton and Michael Jordan.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Any Chicago based team except for the White Sox, the Northwestern Wildcats, and the Wisconsin Badgers.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- All camp capture the flag.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Cape Town South Africa, ever since I’ve been a little kid I have dreamed about going shark cage diving with great white sharks. And Cape Town is the best place for that!
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cup pie.
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- My two year old yellow lab, Stanley. Got him when he was only 6 weeks old.
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has impacted me in more ways than I can count! None more important than the relationships I have created, even in my first year when I was only eight years old. Every year I have created new friendships that have lasted ever since. Camp has also taught me responsibility, more than I ever thought it would when I first came to North Star. I learned how to compromise, how to take on a leadership role, and not to be afraid to get outside of my comfort zone and try something new.
|Micah (L) on the Canadian in 2014|