While many of our college age staff have finished up school and have even had a few weeks to rest up, Jacob Lehr is still hard at work. Currently studying abroad in New Zealand and he's got finals up through the coming week. He'll fly directly from New Zealand at camp, just to be here in time for the start of our pre-camp orientation. Jacob's commitment is a great example to the entire NSC community!
Jacob is from from Omaha, Nebraska. When not studying in New Zealand, he's a student at the University of Southern California. He'll be entering his senior year there in the fall and he's studying economics and political philosophy. This will be summer #11 for at camp Jacob. He is one of our village directors and will instruct golf, windsurfing and some tennis.
More about Jacob
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- Sunscreen, a water bottle, and a good disposition.
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- The middle of Brewer’s Bay on a windsurf board.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Thomas Jefferson and Elon Musk
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- Nebraska Cornhuskers, USC Trojans, Creighton Bluejays, and whatever team has Lebron James.
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- Commando Raid
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Patagonia to learn Spanish and climb some mountains.
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Raspberry-Peach Melba
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- New golf club
How has camp impacted you?
- I learned how to be myself, how to be a leader, gained a love for the outdoors, made some great friends, and learned to play speedball.