Kim McCormack returns to North Star for her 17th summer. While her official role at camp is "program assistant", there really isn't a title that encapsulates all that Kim does. She's a big part of putting our daily program together, assisting in the program office with scheduling. She also helps out with special programs, assisting staff as they plan special events all summer long. Along with that, Kim oversees our horseback riding project.
During the off season, Kim is a middle school science teacher. A resident of the Denver suburb of Westminster, she teaches in Evergreen, Colorado. Kim has also been involved in taking groups of students to San Diego to for Seacamp. She's the wife of CIT Director Jeff and mother of Lake and Summer.
More about Kim
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- Water, flint, and Jeff Probst (maybe I could win $1,000,000)
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- Swim point on a hot afternoon
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- My mom and my brother
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- The home team or the underdog. This summer the y are one in the same ... Go Rockies!
What is your favorite special program at camp?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Brazil, Italy, & Australia. I would relax and go wherever the moment took me.
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
- Cranberry Apple
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- I have no idea, but the thing that I cherish most about the holidays is time to be with family
How has camp impacted you?