I’m Josh Lederman, and I’m from Highland Park, Illinois. I just finished up my junior year at Chicagoland Jewish High School in Deerfield, Illinois. At CJHS I was on the golf team and was actively involved in DECA. My school was fortunate enough to compete in the North Suburban DECA competition for the third straight, where we had a successful showing as a team. In between the end of school and the days before camp, I am doing a lot of college research. I am looking at schools with strong communication programs because I want to be a sports broadcaster in the future. I also hope to play a couple rounds of golf before I head off to camp.
This will be my 8th summer at camp and 2nd on staff. At camp I will be instructing archery and some athletics. I am looking forward to a fun-filled summer and I am excited to see everyone when camp starts.
More about Josh
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- I would bring a satellite phone, a good book to read, and some sunscreen
What is your favorite spot at camp?
- I really enjoy sitting on the lodge steps for evening program announcements. It’s always amazing to watch the sun shine on Brewer’s Bay/
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- My grandfather and Vin Scully, my favorite baseball announcer
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- White Sox, Bears, Bulls, Northwestern University, Brewers
What is your favorite special program at camp?
- UN Day/Pow Wow Day
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- I would travel to Hawaii to learn how to surf, go on many snorkeling trips, and explore active volcanoes.
What's your go-to pie at the Norske Nook?
Best holiday gift that you've ever gotten?
- Tickets to the World Baseball Classic in Toronto
How has camp impacted you?
- Camp has had a tremendous impact on my life. As a shy and timid child, North Star provided me a place where I can be myself and have fun. I have learned to step outside of my comfort zone and try many new things that I could never do at home. Each year I learn something new about myself at camp and I am always looking forward to grow as an individual at camp.