Ben Morris joins us for his first summer at North Star from the Windsor in England. He's currently studying studying electronic engineering and music technology at The University of York. Ben has been sailing for a number of years and has his level 2 RYA dinghy qualification. . He competes for his university in team and has taught sailing as part of his university club. Ben has also played soccer for many years and was guitar player in a band.
More about Ben
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- North Star contacted me through an agency. When I looked online at the camp I thought it looked an amazing place to spend my summer.
If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- I would be a shark so I would get to explore the ocean and be at the top of the food chain
What is your favorite cartoon Character:
- My favorite cartoon character is Homer Simpson. Despite not being the smartest he always tries his best and does the right thing
What is your dream Job:
- My dream job would be a rockstar. Spending my life making and performing music seems pretty awesome
If you had a super hero power, what would it be:
- I would choose to fly because who wouldn't want to be able to fly?
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- Woke up almost every Saturday morning before sunrise to collect and prepare the newspapers. Never was a great start to the weekend...
What are your top three movies of all time:
- Inception, The Prestige and School of Rock
What did you do last summer?
- Sailed a yacht around Turkey with my family for a week. Also spent a week in Greece with my friends just after I had finished my exams
What is a little Known fact about yourself:
- I was a guard of honour at the London 2012 opening ceremony. We were tasked with making a banner for the Iraq team and got to meet lots of the athletes which was an incredible experience.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- Whilst yachting last year I slept on the deck of the yacht but that is the closest thing I have done to camping.