Ryan O'Hara will cross the Atlantic in a few days to join the NSC staff for his first summer at camp. A native of Buckinghamshire in the United Kingdom, Ryan is currently a student Amersham And Wycombe College. He is a second year student and is currently studying music and performance. At college Ryan is in a band, but his career goals have moved more towards the professional side of things.
Ryan also has interest in film production. He's also an avid waterskiier and wakeboarder. He started when he was eight years old at a local club, but over the last few years he's served as an instructor. At camp Ryan will instruct waterski/wakeboarding as well as some climbing and we'll be sure to make good use of his musical talents.
More about Ryan
How did you learn about North Star and why did you apply?
- I found out about North Star through the summer job agency MakeMySummer. After learning more about North Star and the activities they offer for campers, I couldn’t miss out on the opportunity to work with them.
What is your dream job?
- I would love to be able to travel around the world as an independent film director. I spend a lot of my spare time filming action sports, gigs and music videos.
If you could have lunch with any two people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Devin Graham and Lenny Kravitz. Devin is an incredible videographer and really pushes the limits in his videos and Lenny Kravitz, well, it’s just Lenny Kravitz really..
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do there?
- Some day I would love to go snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies either that or live on a lake somewhere warm (insert joke about English weather here)
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you'd bring?
- A surfboard, a guitar and friends.
What sports team(s) that you root for?
- This is new to me, ask me after camp and I may have chosen a team.
What noteworthy/random/menial jobs have you held?
- I once helped out on Silverstone Radio Station for the British Superbike Championship, that was pretty cool.
What did you do last summer?
- Mostly work, a few gigs, a festival and some time in France.
What, if any previous camp/outdoor experiences have you had?
- I spent about two years with my local scouts group and I think we did a couple of scout camps a year. Then there was Reading Festival last summer but that made any bad camping experience look pleasant.